Explanation for the title of this blog:
Anyone who knows me knows that I tend to say and do things that are little weird, quirky, "outside the box" or whatever terms you want to use to describe a "unique" character. I always have been and always will be the kind of person who says things without thinking, usually only to the embarrassment of myself, and this title, "Gonna need a diaper", is a great example of one of those occasions.
When Daniel and I were first married, I started a new job in Idaho Falls and was invited by several ladies at the office to join them for lunch. This was the conversation:
Me: "Na, I can't come, but where are you guys going?"
Ladies: "Oh, just Gringo's, some Mexican restaurant."
Me: "Oh ya, I've been there before! You're gonna need a diaper after you leave, if ya know what I mean (wink wink)!"
Ladies: (awkwardly) "Ha ha, ya, we'll do that (avoiding eye contact and walking out the door)...ok..bye."
Did I just confess to a group of new coworkers that I either:
A. Pooped my pants after eating at this place!
B. Have the bowel control of an infant!
C. Have absolutely no understanding of social norms and what is appropriate to share to complete strangers!
Answer: It doesn't matter. They were now thinking "all of the above".
I also once was at a party where a black guy was passing around cookies for everyone. He asked me if I wanted a cookie. I stared at the cookies, I stared back at him, and then blurted out, "Black," with no other words to follow. And then I walked away out of extreme embarrassment. He probably thought I was another racist Idahoan.
So, "Gonna need a diaper" accurately illustrates my lack of ability to hold my tongue and to say things that socially make sense within a conversation with other humans.
Another meaning for the title- I have a baby boy, Owen, and plan to have more kids sometime in the future. Life with a child and a hub is exciting, crazy, and sometimes messy. To deal with it all, sometimes you're just "gonna need a diaper". Hope you enjoy what I have to share about my life.
Kt
hahaha Katy I love this! I am so excited to read your blog! I was laughing the whole time I was reading this post!
ReplyDeleteYay, you wrote! Now I'm going to be checking every day, or several times a day, to see if you've written again. :) I LOVE your diaper story! Sometimes at night I randomly remember that story and burst out laughing. Hey Dallin has a phone interview with a company in Texas! And his interview in Nebraska went well; they give you a big gift card whenever you have a new baby and I told Dallin we should just take the job for that. :) How is Daniel's internship going? Does he like it, what does he do, etc? And how are you doing? Keep me updated! Maybe we should just send emails so we can talk to each other more, and not worry about what other people will read on FB/blogs.
ReplyDeleteKaty,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog!!!
You are so funny! I almost peed my pants hearing about you naming this blog!!!
We miss you guys!
We are actually planning on moving to Utah as well here in the near future so we should get in touch again soon. My number is the same.
Love ya,
~ Katelynd