Thursday, January 12, 2012

History of Owen: Birth

Owen,

I've been wanting to be a better Mom and start keeping track of your life a bit better so you can look back at this years from now and see how flippin cute and amazing you were! So, little by little, I'm gonna try and highlight some of the great memories of your first few months in the world!


Dad and I were so excited when we found out you were coming into our lives! You will see a *slight* change in the roundness and swelling of my face from this picture to the next. :)



I'm not gonna scare you by getting all detailed with the story of your birth, but let's suffice it to say that it wasn't a piece of cake. From the time I got to the hospital,  I went from looking like this


to looking like this about 18 hours later...



And then about 8 hours after that, I welcomed you into the world with this face...


It's no wonder you were crying. 


The doctor had to use a vacuum to pull you out because you had the cord wrapped around both of your legs and one of your arms. You had bruises on both sides of your groin which kinda made it look like you had tight underwear marks. But even though you were all beaten up, you were such a sweet little angel when you arrived- you made soft little whimpering sounds that sounded like you were singing (even the nurses said you already had such a cute singing voice). And, thanks to the vacuum, you had a huge cone head! 


It's amazing how different you look from then til now. 


 Fuzzy, light blonde hair and smooch-able cheeks


You were born at 11:01 pm on June 30, 2011. 7 lbs 9 oz, 20 1/2 inches long. I really wanted you to share a July birthday with me, but you were just an hour too soon. Almost a Canada Day baby as well!


You were perfect then and you are even more wonderful and perfect now. We really love you, Owen. Thanks for coming to us! We're so lucky.  





No comments:

Post a Comment